New Jersey is the 4th largest peach producing state in the country, with approximately 80 orchards and 5,500 acres. Typical harvest begins in late June and continues through mid to late September. The industry produces many varieties of yellow and white peaches, yellow and white nectarines as well as specialty peaches.
The New Jersey Peach Promotion Council is a non-profit voluntary organization, the members of which are peach growers, shippers, wholesalers and associated organizations dedicated to maintaining a viable peach industry in the Garden State, while preserving New Jersey farms and farmland.
The Council’s primary objective is to promote the consumption of Jersey-grown peaches.
The Council collaborates with The New Jersey Department of Agriculture and participates in the New Jersey Department of Agriculture’s Jersey Fresh program.
The Council also works closely with the New Jersey Agricultural Experiement Station and Rutgers Cooperative Extension on variety development and other marketing related research.
- Promotion of peaches via press releases, print media, radio, billboard and social media.
- Annual publication and distribution of a Jersey Peaches Calendar.
- Distribution of promotional brochures.
- Sponsorship of media and special events during the peach season.
- Participate at the New Jersey Peach Festival.
- Support peach variety development and market research.